We were first introduced to her beauty when she had a role on the popular soap opera “One Life to Live” and then a recurring role on “Gossip Girl.” Since then, fab actress Tika Sumpter has since moved on and up in Hollywood. These days, we can catch her starring on Tyler Perry’s new show, “The Haves and Have Nots” on OWN.
She recently divulged her favorite makeup products and beauty secrets to Metro World News, and much to my surprise, the actress’s beauty arsenal mirrors most of ours. She manages to stick to reasonably priced beauty products (some you can even find at your local drugstore) and a fuss-free face routine.
When questioned about how she maintains flawless, pimple-free skin, the brown beauty revealed: “I’ll apply the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. It shrinks your pores and dries up pimples. And as far as her nighttime skin routine, Tika keeps it just as simple. She told Metro World News, “At night, I take a washrag, add a pump of coconut oil and remove my makeup. Then I wash my face with the Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser and moisturize with Keri lotion.”
TIKA’S TOP 5 MUST-HAVE BEAUTY PRODUCTS
1. Keri Original Body Lotion – “I use this everyday on my face and body. I don’t like scents I just like lotion. This is such a simple formula and there are no harsh chemicals in it.”
2. Tarte LipSurgence Matte LipTint in Exposed – “I’m a no-fuss makeup person, and this color is so easy and wearable. I don’t like lip gloss because it comes off [easily], but this stuff — even if it does come off, you can just throw it back on.”
3. Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in Coffee – “It’s so light on your skin, it barely feels like you have anything on. You just need to make sure you blend it in properly, especially where your face ends and your neck begins.”
4. CoverGirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Ebony Bronze – “I love it because it contours without making your face look contoured. It just gives it extra dimension.”
5. House of Lashes Au Naturale Hollywood Glam Lashes – “You would think these [are too over the top] but when you put the lashes on, you look insane. They will change your life.”
If you’re interested in any of the products Tika mentioned, you can shop the widget below to purchase the items:
Image: Rolling Out | Source: Metro World News via Style Blazer
ENJOYED READING THIS POST? WELL, CHECK OUT THESE RELATED POSTS: